All accepted abstracts will be scheduled in the Scientific Program either as oral presentation or as poster viewing. It is expected that at least one author of the abstract attends the virtual conference (to present the work and answer questions). Only abstracts of registered participants will be scheduled in the Scientific Program.
Notifications both for acceptance and for declinations will be sent to the presenters by the end of May.
If you wish to make significant changes to your abstract, please, reload it again and send an email to to delete the previous abstract with the subject “DELETE ABSTRACT” and the abstract ID specified on your confirmation email.
After the congress, a Book of Abstracts will be posted on the official website. Moreover, your abstract will be featured either on an oral presentation or on a poster displaying.
Send an email to with the subject “DELETE ABSTRACT” and the abstract ID specified on your confirmation email.
Please review the Abstract Guidelines.
No, you may not. Abstracts with funding statements will not be accepted.
Yes, you may. For each abstract, 1 table AND / OR 1 figure may be submitted. Acceptable image file types for tables or figures are .jpg, and .png. Your image must be legible at the maximum printed size of 4 inches x 6 inches with an either vertical or horizontal orientation.
The suggested maximum size for tables is 8 columns by 12 rows. Table words are not included in the cumulative word count. Only 1 table AND / OR 1 image/figure may be included with an abstract. A table may be uploaded as an image; in fact, we recommend this method for adding a table.
Yes, you may. You can insert one image AND / OR one table. None of them are mandatory; they are complimentary to the text of the abstract.
Yes, you may. Authors may prepare handouts for distribution to interested attendees.
Posters will be available at the e-posters area at the virtual platform. All participants will have access to view this content.
Please ensure that the alternate presenter named in your abstract submission is available and prepared to make the presentation. Alternate presenters must be listed as coauthor on the abstract and must be registered at IHMC 2021. If neither the author nor alternate coauthor is available to present, the poster won’t be presented.
The official language of IHMC Congress is English. All sessions and abstract submissions must be submitted and presented in English.
The Congress has changed to a virtual format. By doing this we can ensure compliance of the healthy and safety measure, and we can guarantee the participation from our delegates.
Absolutely not. You must still disclose your affiliation with the commercial company.
Please note: Any misleading or falsified information about commercial involvement will be grounds for automatic denial of your application. Any person found to have intentionally submitted false information will receive the following penalties:
If there is no direct contact between the company and the academic, you might buy the Academic fee.
Join our mailing list to receive all the latest congress news. You can opt out at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all our newsletters.
Attendees may cancel its registration in accordance with the General Contract Conditions:
All cancellations must either be submitted online. Send an email to with the following subject “Ticket Cancellation” and must be received:
– Before the 31st of March to receive a refund of 80% of the Event fees (the remaining 20% of those fees being retained as a processing fee).
Organiser regrets that cancellations cannot be accepted after the 31st March. No refunds or other credits will be given in respect of attempted cancellations received after this date.