abstracts must be submitted in English.
abstract should not exceed 300 words.
abstract title should not exceed 25 words.
following structure is recommended when submitting an abstract:
abstracts will be accepted only via online IHMC 2020 Submission form.
no extra fees for submitting abstracts.
- Poster presentation
- Oral presentation (10-min
The Scientific Committee will determine whether
the abstract will be accepted for oral or poster presentation, with
consideration given to the author’s preference.
submitting author should also be the author for correspondence. The author is
solely responsible for the ethical and scientific content of the submission as
well as for its proper grammatical and stylistic form.
presenting author may or may not be the submitting/corresponding author.
- Full first and family name(s) of
submitting/corresponding author and all co-authors.
- Affiliation details: department,
institution/hospital, city, state (if relevant), country.
- Abstract title – The title is
limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE (e.g. DRUGS AND MICROBIOME)
- Abstract text – The text is limited
to 300 words.
- Abstract topic – Abstracts must be
allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. Please choose from
the list of topics.
- Keywords – Please enter 1 to 3
keywords that define your abstract. The keywords must be in English and can
- Conflict of interest disclosure –
Abstract submitter will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in
the submission form.
- Publication embargo – All abstracts
will be published on the 1st day of the Conference.
- Each abstract can contain up to one
image (media files) and/or one table. The maximum file size of each image or
table is 700 KB.
- Please do not submit multiple copies
of the same abstract.
- Original research and updated
research are strongly recommended.
- The submitting/corresponding author
is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the
abstract before submitting it.
- All notifications regarding abstract
status, including notifications regarding abstract submission, abstract
acceptance and scheduling, will be sent to the submitting author. The
submitting author will be responsible for informing the other co-authors about
the status of the abstract. Please refer to your abstract by abstract ID sent to
you in confirmation email, in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- The Committee will endeavour to schedule
and allocate abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right
to decide on the final form of presentation.
- One of the abstract authors must be
registered to the Congress and present the abstract to ensure that it is
included in the Scientific Program.
- The identity of presenting author
can be changed until the Submission Deadline (March 27th, 2020).
- All abstracts must be submitted and
presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling.
- Upon submission, the submitting/corresponding
author confirms that the abstract has been proofread and that all information
- Changes to the abstract can be made
until the submission deadline (March 27th, 2020). The
submitting/corresponding author accepts that the content of the abstract cannot
be modified or corrected after final submission and that it will be published
exactly as submitted.
1. BASIC SCIENCE
- Small Bowel
- Large Bowel
- Microbial PK / Metabolism
2. CLINICAL – TRANSLATIONAL SCIENCE
- Digestive tract
- Respiratory tract
- Metabolic disorders
- Infections / immunity
- Cancer / Haematology
- Central Nervous System
- Microbiome Standards & Protocols
- Microbiome References & Catalogues
- Sequence Analysis
- Statistical Modelling
- Data Integration & Systems Biology